Ford to debut new Bronco SUV on OJ Simpson’s birthdayex-wife’s sister responds:’Are you kidding me’

0
80

Ford is raising a few eyebrows to its odd launch date of its Bronco SUV: July 9, or the birthday of O.J. Simpson.

The Bronco is indelibly connected to O.J. Simpson, the former NFL player, who led authorities on a chase down a Los Angeles freeway at 1994 after the deaths of his own ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman. The chase was observed on national TV by 95 million individuals.

Motorists wave as police cars chase the Ford Bronco (snowy, R) pushed by Al Cowlings, carrying fugitive murder defendant O.J. Simpson, on a 90-moment slow-speed automobile chase June 17, 1994 around the 405 freeway in Los Angeles, California. 
(Jean-Marc Giboux/Liaison)

Simpson was acquitted of the murder charges but was afterwards convicted in 2008 to an armed robbery and kidnapping case. He had been sentenced to 33 years in prison but had been granted parole in 2017.

Tanya Brown, Nicole Brown’s sister, told the Detroit Free Press, she had been dismayed by the announced launch date of this all-new Ford Bronco.

FIRST CLASS TRUCK? ) NEW FORD F-150 HAS A SLEEPER SEAT, REPORT SAYS

“Is that on purpose?” Tanya Brown requested. “My initial response was,’Are you kidding me?  That is funny? ”’

A Ford spokesman told the Press that the time of this new Bronco’s launch was”purely coincidental.”

The firm didn’t immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Ford dropped the Bronco at 1996 amid allegations of security problems and substituted it with the Ford Explorer. The new version is expected to be smaller than the one Simpson infamously wrapped in and begin approximately $30,000.

The Associated Press contributed to the report. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here