LAHORE: A”smart” lockdown enforced in the provincial capital’s different coronavirus hotspots was extended until July 15, a notification issued Tuesday from the Punjab government’s Principal and Secondary Healthcare Department read.
In accordance with this notification, the authorities of Punjab”is very happy to expand the applicability of this arrangement […] obsolete 15. 06. 2020 until 12:00am Wednesday, 15. 07. 2020, unless altered differently”.
Main and Secondary Healthcare Department Secretary Capt (r) Muhammad Usman said the notification will be effective immediately and will be appropriate to regions identified in the June 15 arrangement. These include Shahdra, Mazang, Shad Bagh, Harbanspura, Old Lahore, Nishtar Town, Cantt, Allama Iqbal Town, and Gulberg.
The subsequent restrictions/exemptions are advised:
- Educational institutions, wedding halls, restaurantsand parks and theatre halls will stay shut
- Gathering for societal, spiritual or sports activities won’t be permitted
- All company locations will be available Monday through Friday from 9am to 7pm
- Medical shops, tire puncture stores, naan stores, workshops concerning the agriculture industry, will be permitted to be stay open 24 hours every day
- Call centers will be permitted to stay available with 50% personnel
- Inter-district transportation will be permitted 24 hours every day
- Grocery stores will be available all week, from 9am to 7pm
- All churches will soon be open for worship just on Sundays from 7am to 5pm
Earlier in the day, it had been noted that the Punjab government has invented a”new plan” to stem the spread of this COVID-19 pandemic.
A meeting presided by senior provincial minister Abdul Aleem Khan and chief secretary Punjab made a decision to authorise deputy commissioners to seal or reopen their regions areas based on the amount of instances there.
The meeting also reviewed the cost and provide mechanism of medications along with the safety situation in the state after the Pakistan Stock Exchange assault that happened in Karachi on Monday.
‘Smart’ lockdown enforced in Lahore
The”smart” lockdown was declared on June 15 at Lahore and was expected to come to an end at midnight tonight.
In the time of its imposition, the Punjab government had noticed that”there’s been a rise in the amount of pandemic coronavirus instances in the state on Punjab in addition to in Pakistan which introduces a severe and imminent threat to public health and public order”.
It was so ordered that there will be”controlled entrance and exit” in regions of district Lahore recognized as hotspots.
Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid had stated that the chief motive to seal the regions was to stop the disproportionate amount of coronavirus instances in the state since the normal operating procedures (SOPs) were violated in these respective locations.
“Hopefully, should SOPs are executed within every week, there’ll be a clear decrease in coronavirus instances,” she stated, adding that the government is trying its best to guarantee economic activities occur and at precisely the exact same time, make sure all probable steps are taken to for the security of citizens.
Afterwards, on June 24, Gulshan-e-Ravi, Faisal Town, Gulberg, Model Town, DHA, and Garden Town were cordoned off.
Currently, Punjab has recorded over 75,500 instances and 1,700 deaths).