Thane: Short circuit in AC kills 70-year-old girl, husband sustains burns | Thane News

0
39

Representational Picture

MUMBAI: A 70-year-old girl died of suffocation while her older husband sustained severe burns following their bedroom air conditioner caught fire in their own Mira Road house at the wee hours of Wednesday.
Neighbours at the daytime alerted the Kashimira police along with the Mira-Bhayander fire brigade once they saw smoke coming out of apartment no 72 at Vrishparva building.
Firemen forced entry to the area and discovered Geeta Anand and her husband Anil lying on the mattress. The bedroom has been badly charred. Firemen suspect a brief circuit at the AC are the reason. The couple was transferred to the hospital at which Geeta was announced dead. Anil, who sustained burns, is under therapy.
Firemen stated that the couple might have been fast asleep when the fire broke out. Geeta might have died of suffocation after inhaling the smoke. The body was sent for autopsy to determine the reason for death.
The couple’s children, a kid that resides in Mira Road along with a boy that remains in Singapore have been educated.
An instance of accidental death was registered. Authorities are exploring that using heavy rains in the area on Wednesday, the few required to change on the AC.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here