Tamil Nadu CM puts blame on Centre for PM Kisan Scheme scam | Chennai News

0
16

Edappadi K Palaniswami

CHENNAI: Chief Union Edappadi K Palaniswami, who’s combating PM Kisan Scheme scam, among the biggest regarding the amount of ineligible beneficiaries registered under some government welfare strategy, sought to place the blame on the Centre by stating that the Central government’s decision to relax the enrolment criteria contributed to approximately five lakh ineligible individuals siphoning off $110 crore in the exchequer. His authorities had done everything to expose the scam by ordering a CB-CID query, even when the issue came into its understanding, said Palaniswami.
He was responding to inquiries from reporters at Tiruvannamalai on Wednesday. The alternative given by the Centre to farmers to use for the plot online resulted in erosion of their control that has been exercised from the agriculture division till afterward. Throughout due confirmation, the authorities had registered about 41lakh individuals till afterward. Online registration led to the amount of claimants going around 46 lakh in virtually no time, he explained. Palaniswami, nevertheless, failed to describe as to how the confirmation exercise of agriculture division officials, that was compulsory in the event of online software, became a sham.
The quotes so far demonstrate that in near 50percent of those districts in the country, over five lakh qualified applicants have obtained $110 crore. The authorities, through a set of measures, have recovered $32 crore in the balances of ineligible men and women. Even though the district collectors issued requests to individual banks to freeze the accounts for ineligible claimants and generate a lien to recoup the equilibrium cash as and when cash becomes deposited into these accounts, the authorities coordinated together with the top brass of leading banks to smoothen the retrieval procedure.
“We took up the issue with the chairmen of both SBI and many public-sector banks to accelerate the retrieval process,” said agriculture secretary Gagandeep Singh Bedi.
The section has suspended 34 officials and ignored 80 contractual employees. The CB CID has up to now detained 18 individuals, who are largely net café owners, who aided ineligible individuals avail of this government strategy. “The activity against government servants is mainly for dereliction of responsibility. But if anybody is found to have connived with the fraudsters, criminal activity will be initiated . Such facts will be understood just since the CB CID probe progresses,” said Bedi. He contested the claim that the scam has been attracted to the light of this authorities by outsiders. “It had been our very own officials who reported it. Since the size of the fraud seemed large, we arranged officials in most districts to test for claims by ineligible individuals and ordered CB CID probe,” he explained.
“The authorities should terminate the normal staff involved with the scam. Police must enroll cases against all tainted contract and regular personnel and frequent service facility representatives and detain them,” stated a farmers’ agent at Cuddalore, K V Elankeeran.
Tamil Nadu farmers, up to now, have obtained Rs 4,300 crore beneath PM Kisan Scheme, established in December, 2018. A lot of the fraud had occurred after the lockdown began, query officials said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here